First National Roundtable in Poland
23 - 24 March 2021
The purpose of the national roundtable was to bring together key players for a dialogue on financing energy efficiency in buildings and businesses in Poland, with a view to discuss the needed supportive framework and concrete initiatives and measures. The roundtable was held as an online event.
The first day included an opening plenary with introductory speeches from
- Szymon Liszka, President of the Management Board of SAPE / Foundation for Energy Efficient Use
- Anna Kornecka, Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Development, Labor and Technology
- Krzysztof Pietraszkiewicz, President of the Polish Bank Association
This was followed by an introduction from SAPE about the background and the objectives of the Round Baltic project (presented by Mr. Zbigniew Michniowski, Member of the Management Board) and a presentation of the conclusions from the national diagnosis report made in the first phase of the RoundBaltic project (presented by Mr Andrzej Rajkiewics, Vice President).
Further, the Ministry of Development, Labour and Technology presented the main assumptions of the Long-Term Building Renovation Strategy (Mr. Przemysław Hofman, Director of the Low-Emission Economy Department).
The plenary was followed by three thematic parallel sessions spread over two days, focusing on:
- Financing the renovation of multi-family residential buildings
- One-stop-shops – how to implement such in Poland
- Support for development of the ESCO Market
The first day within these sessions included introductory presentations, while the second day was focused on discussions and elaboration of recommendations.